Leander is joining Bare Collective
Leander takes major leap into the global market by joining Bare Collective
Ever since Leander’s famous cradle saw the light of day 25 years ago, the company has built a well-renowned brand on the global market for high-quality children’s furniture. Today, Leander takes a major step forward by joining Bare Collective – a group of companies catering products for children and women’s well-being. With Leander joining the group, Bare Collective makes its largest acquisition to date, in line with its expansive growth journey that has only just begun.
Bare Collective was founded in 2020 with the ambition of being a leader in sustainable and well-designed products for children and women’s well-being. Apart from the newly acquired Leander, the group also consists of the Swedish companies Esska, ImseVimse, Jabadabado and Boob Design. United by the conviction that the healthy and good also have commercial power, the group offers a wide range of sustainable products for modern and conscious parents, such as soothers, wooden toys, children’s furnishings, cloth nappies and menstrual protection. Bare Collective is actively engaged in dialogues with well-run companies to join in its vision of establishing a market-leading innovator in its field. As such, the acquisition of Leander is in line with Bare Collective’s clear growth strategy, where expansion into Europe is a natural next step.
‘As a craftsman and designer, I am proud of what we at Leander have managed to create and build together, a unique and sought-after range of high-quality products that really make a difference in the everyday lives of children and their parents. By becoming part of the Bare Collective family, I believe our products can strengthen the bond between even more children and parents all over the world. After all, we are stronger together, and I look forward to continue designing and developing the Leander product range – only with more focus, power, and scale’, comments Stig Leander, founder, CEO and designer of Leander.
Following successful product launches in recent years, the team at Leander has expanded to 17 employees and is now equipped for further growth. With support from Bare Collective, Leander will continue to develop its organization locally in Silkeborg, Denmark, and gear up the ongoing internationalization of the brand. Today, Leander sells its products in over 30 countries – mainly in Europe, but Australia and Japan are also key markets.
‘Leander has made an astonishing journey so far, now delivering its beautiful products to customers all over the world. With that said, we believe that they are still just scratching the surface of what they can achieve. By welcoming Leander to Bare Collective, we join forces and strengthen the company with additional resources, expertise and distribution networks, and create significant synergies with the rest of the group’, comments Joakim Broms, Head of M&A and Business Development at Bare Collective.
Fact box – Leander
- Leander was founded by Stig Leander in 1998 and designs and manufactures high-quality furniture for children that unites functionality and aesthetics.
- Leander’s products are designed to make a difference in the everyday lives of children and their parents, and to stimulate play, movement and creativity.
- Today, Leander exports to more than 30 countries worldwide. Product development, administration and warehouse are managed out of Leander’s head office in Silkeborg, Denmark.
Fact box – Bare Collective
- Bare Collective is a group of companies founded in 2020, with the vision that responsible, circular consumption should be the norm, not the exception.
- With an acquisition-driven agenda, Bare Collective aims to consolidate the industry to establish the market-leading innovator in products for children and women’s well-being.
- Bare Collective already includes the companies Esska, ImseVimse, Jabadabado and Boob Design.
- Bare Collective is founded and owned by private equity firm Pivot, established in 2019.
Founder, CEO & Designer
+45 (0)2233 4688
Contact, Bare Collective
Head of M&A and Business Development
+46 (0)70 918 11 19